Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ryton Gardens.

After meeting with head gardener Andy Strachan at Chelsea 2010 and sampling some kohl rabi on the build up of the show straight out of Garden Organics feature - sliced raw and dipped in salsa, mmm! - it was only a matter of time before we hooked up to to install some sculpture in this incredible garden near Coventry.

I've visited a few times over the years and it just so happened to be pumpkin season one time, we indulged in some exquisite soup and pie, grown and hand crafted on site.
The staff at the garden are second to none with 100% commitment to their natural uncomplicated art of growing and inspiring real stuff!

I took my dad on this installation, while we were their we took a quick look over their new allotment garden which is just beautiful and I found myself dribbling over the fence at all the veg and salad crops, don't worry, I didn't touch it, well, I didn't eat it..
Here we are below installing the exhibition piece .
You've just got to get down see for yourselves....




1 comment:

City of Birmingham Brass Band said...

Hi Tom,
Went to Ryton last week and was bowled over by your sculpture - absolutely loved it!!!
So glad we went after you'd done your installation otherwise I might never have heard of you.
And you're right the gardens are quite incredible too. The veg was fab wasn't it!
Liz